Monday, February 12, 2007

Fat bottomed girls they'll be riding today...

Nothing like a little Queen to get a post started.

Today was my first day back to the gym after my back surgery. OUCH! I think I did way to much today.

I usually do the elliptical for 45 minutes to an hour. When I get off I am sweaty, sore, and happy. It is such a great feeling. It gives me energy for the whole day. Today I did 45 minutes on a stationary bike. It hurt the entire time I was riding. I felt like one of the 80 year old women who go the YMCA. The only difference is those 80 year old women can run circles around me...even on a good day! As I was shuffling from the cardio room to child watch I ran into my personal trainer. She started laughing at me for shuffling. I swear she wasn't being mean. She is used to seeing me work my butt off. Although, she thought the shuffling hilarious she was extremely happy to see me back so soon after surgery. It felt really nice to work out.

Afterward, Agnes and I headed to the grocery store. We are suppose to get two more days of snow so I wanted to get stocked up on supplies. Kidding!! People seem to panic when the word "snow" is said on the news. Do people really need 5 loaves of bread and 10 pounds of bananas? The store was absolutely nuts. Valentine's Day is on Wednesday and I needed to pick up stuff for the yummy dinner I am making for Sean.

Once Agnes fell to sleep it was time for this mama to take some Percocet, make a sandwich, and watch Passions. I have been very good about food today. I had a ham sammie on whole grain bread with reduced fat Cheez-it crackers. Dinner was great. Pork tenderloin topped with fresh homemade mango salsa, served with black beans, and saffron rice. Delish!

The menu for this week is very healthy except for V-Day night. I am making beef tenderloin steaks, seared scallops, and truffle French fries. Sean does so much for me the least I can do is cook him something fantastic.

Well, it is time to go watch Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations. He is in Ireland tonight. Here is a great blog Tony contributes to every now and again. This is a great post. http://blog.ruhlman.com/ I love him!

No comments: