Saturday, March 24, 2007

What's for dinner?

I have been craving coconut shrimp. I LOVE coconut shrimp but I hardly ever order or make it. It is too fattening. A single serving of about 4-5 shrimp can be over 600 calories!! So, I made these tonight. They were awesome. Sean said he liked them better than the fried ones. I really liked them too. They were super easy and super tasty. I served them with A Taste of Thailand Peanut Noodles (). Everyone should have these in their pantry. The noodles were great. Sure, there are more calories in a serving of the noodles than a bunch of the shrimp but it was a nice treat. I am a Thai food snob. I took cooking classes on Koh Samui and usually make Thai food from scratch so trust me they are tasty.

It was a perfect dinner.

Baked Coconut Shrimp

6 Egg Whites
3 cups Panko
½ teaspoon Cumin
2 cups Flaked Coconut (unsweetened or sweetened)
A good shake of Garlic Granules
2 LB’s large (31-40) shrimp

Preheat oven to 500
Spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray
Beat egg whites in bowl until it becomes a thick foam
On a large plate mix panko, cumin, coconut, garlic

Dip shrimp in egg whites
Dip in coconut mix
Lay shrimp on baking sheet
Bake about 6 minutes

1 comment:

Hamster said...

Hi
Yu might like this website
www.thaifoodtonight.com
It's got about 30 Thai dishes with online cooking videos for each dish. Good if you like to cook Thai food at home