Wednesday, July 30, 2008

“If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?” ~ Chuck Palahniuk

Wow, this blog of mine has changed over the past few months. I originally started this blog as a diary about me trying to lose weight. While I am still really struggling with my weight (see this post for proof). I tend to get bored sticking with the same subject. There is so much more out there in the world that I am interested in besides my big butt.

It looks like this blog is slowly turning into a food blog but I am pretty sure in a few months it will take another new turn. It's just that I have found three interesting, fun, and brilliant food groups that I am proud to say I am a member of.

Here they are:

Daring Bakers - This is the first group I joined. I found them while reading The Hungry Housewife's blog. Every month we are given a new baking challenge and at the end of each month we all post our challenges on the same day. I have met some really great people so far! They are a great group of bakers!

My Kitchen, My World - I found out about this group while reading Xplicit Sweetness. I saw a comment left by Susan (founder of My Kitchen, My World) and sent her a message right away. I knew this was a group for me. Every week we cook a meal from a different country and post our recipes on Saturdays. I am extremely excited to post this Saturday!! I can't wait to share what I made.

Operation Baking GALS - Of the three groups this is the one I feel the most honored to be apart of. It all started when Susan of She's Becoming Doughmesstic sent out an email asking for some friends to make cookies to send to her cousin and his troop in Iraq. Can you think of a better reason to bake? I can't! I think it is an absolutely brilliant idea. Agnes and I shipped off 6 dozen (well, a few short. Miss Agnes had to taste a few LOL) cookies on Monday. I am keeping my fingers crossed they arrive almost in one piece.

I think this blog needs a new look. I think the next few days I am going to be tweaking with layouts, fonts, and colors. I stink at HTML so I can tell you it won't be fancy.

Anyhoo, I will still chat about my weight struggles I think it is time to focus on some the more positive aspects my life. I definitely think it is time to be different.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awesome links...thanks