Wednesday, March 18, 2009

“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans” ~ John Lennon

I have been so busy the past couple of months I haven't been able to post a proper entry. When I am this swamped it really feels like life is just passing me by and I don't get to enjoy it. I need to learn how to slow down.

In the past couple of months I have been diagnosed with lumbar spinal canal stenosis with scoliosis (my best friend has promised me a blnged out Hoveround should I need one), I accepted a job as a cake decorating instructor, I have been having cake demos to get people signed up for my classes, I have made a bunch of cakes for clients, I have been worrying about the different baking and cooking groups I belong to, and then Monday was told I have strep! Nice.

My doctor told me on Monday that I need to take it easy this week. She wants me lounging on the couch, watching bad tv, and taking naps. Sounds perfect except I haven't been able to do it. I just can't relax. It's like if I relax and take a nap I may miss something. I don't know what I would miss but I don't want to miss it...okay!

I am on some serious pain meds right now because of my back (and the strep throat. OUCH!) so I am not sure if this post is going to make much sense. I hope I don't come back to read it and I am discussing all of my deepest, darkest secrets...or worse I am discussing all of my friends deepest. darkest secrets! ***insert evil laugh***

What are your favorite ways to relax and take it easy? Do you have a way of slowing things down?

P.S. If you live in the Portland metro area and want to learn cake decorating let me know. I would love to give you all the info for the classes.

P.S.S. See P.S. above. I can't even write a blog post without working! ☺

2 comments:

rosasdolcevita said...

Hi Michelle,
I read this post the other day but didn't comment because I was tired ... so I'm back today. :-)

I'm amazed at how busy you are! I would have already burnt out by now. :-)

Take it easy with your back and try to relax even if for a few minutes in between.

Take care,
Rosa

Anonymous said...

Take the time that the doctor ordered...as you slow down, your life and all the activities will fall into sync with one another and you won't miss anything you're supposed to. Promise.
And yes, you get a blinged out Hoverround if you're good.
xxx
Jody