Thursday, December 18, 2008

Baby, it's cold outside!

I have never seen so many people freak out about snow. Portland is so completely different than Denver. This city has been pretty much shut down and in a panic since Sunday. Chains were required for driving in the city!! In all my years of living in Colorado I have never used chains. Not driving through the mountains and most definitely not in the city limits. It has been an amusing day of watching ARCTIC BLAST 2008 on my local news all day. It makes for some good tv viewing.

Now, I am not saying the roads haven't been bad but it is the complete panic that makes me giggle. Here is a video that will give you an idea of how bad some of the roads are. This was taken from a condo down on the waterfront about two blocks from my doctor's office. I was suppose to have an appt. yesterday but I cancelled. Thank goodness or I could have been one of these cars!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I'm sorry, but that made me giggle like crazy. And why does it seem like just about every single white car that attempted the hill couldn't make it? Those crazy hills are probably the #1 reason I'll never move to Seattle or Portland. :-p