Monday, May 5, 2008

The past week has been rough on the old diet and exercise routines. I haven’t been able to go to the yoga studio since we moved. It sucks. I have been getting a lot of exercise but I feel like crap. Our new house has individual thermostats for each room so I can heat up our bedroom to about 90 degrees. I turned the heat up in our bedroom and did an at home Bikram class. It went really well. I worked just as hard as I do at the studio. As much as I love having my mom here it is really screwing with my routine. I miss my yoga classes so much. I can’t wait until next Friday! I can drop Miss Agnes off at school and head down to the studio.

It was a busy weekend. Saturday we hit up the farmers market in Vancouver. It was such a great time. I can’t wait to shop there the weekends this summer. So much produce.

Yesterday, my mom, Agnes, and I went to the Portland Classical Chinese Gardens. It was absolutely beautiful. The flowers, trees, water building, and pathways are amazing. We stopped in the tradition tea house for some tea and snacks. Agnes was so cute. She shared tea with her grandma and ate some handmade almond cookies. Mmm… I have a bunch of pictures from yesterday that I will post later. I am too tired to mess with iPhoto.

Agnes starts her new school tomorrow. I hope she likes it as much as she did her old school. After I drop her off I have to head over to my doctor appointment. I am having back surgery in the next few weeks and I need to get everything all set up. I am hoping that this will be the last time I need the surgery. Between the surgery and the Bikram my back should be as good as new by the end of the fall. My mom and I are going to IKEA tomorrow too. I need to get a bunch of stuff for the new house.

Later this week I am taking my mom to the Japanese Gardens. I want her to see as much of Portland/Vancouver as possible.

For Mother’s Day we are taking my mom to The Restaurant at the Historic Reserve for brunch. Sean and I went for dinner here the other night and it was fantastic. I think my mom will totally dig it.

No comments: